Cult Gaia has a serious following since it was created back in 2012. Their Gaia’s Ark bag is now iconic and has been the IT big for the past couple of summers. But beyond the bag, have you ever checked out their full collection? Their pieces are truly works of art; they’re stand out items that add that sense of magic to your closet. We love the well designed and thoughtful details that are definitely head turning. Check out a few of our favorites below and let us know if you have any other favorites from their collection.
- Mary Ann actually purchased the Lipslut F*ck Trump liquid matte lipstick back in mid-July. Their goal is to have 50% of all earnings goes towards helping a civil rights organization targeted by the current administration. Back in July, 100% of sales were donated to support families that were separated at the border.
- Adrienne took a Core40 class this weekend and absolutely loved it. She said that it hurt so good; she’s never taken a Pilates reformer class and now she’s addicted. She’ll gladly go with anyone who wants to do it. In fact, she will be taking her mom this weekend.
- We love this crop tee from Madewell. They always come out with the quirkiest prints that don’t overwhelm the design and structure of the clothes. When I look at this tee, I think of if Westworld was an actually cute and fun place to be in, they would sell this at their giftshop.
- We learned about Aether Beauty from our friend Mellani, owner and creator of Poppy Lettering + Design. We love the design and colors of the Rose Quartz palette, but what we love even more is that it is ethically made! The colors are actually made with rose quartz which is said to help reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
- Adrienne bought the NuFace Trinity Toning Device based on recommendations from the blogworld. She said that it helped tone and sculpt but also her face got smoother. She is a believer in this product and event got the ELE attachment too.
Happy Friday! We got a good round of things we’re loving this week that we wanted to share. Check it out!
If you’ve been following us on Instagram, you’d know that we covered 29Rooms extensively. We felt that this exhibition was different from the other ones we’ve visited because of it goes beyond the creativity and photo opportunity game. There were strong messages with each room, calling for action and continuing dialogue long after the camera is put away. To be honest, we wish we had more time at 29Rooms, and a tip that we would give to anyone planning on attending is to for two sessions instead of 1. 3 hours isn’t enough.
Yes, there was playful elements, and it was fun going through most of the rooms, but there were a couple that deeply connected with us. We’re still talking about Janelle Monae’s exhibition as well as The Future is Female rooms. Check out our adventure through 29Rooms below and let us know if you’ve been to 29Rooms in NYC, SF, or Chicago!
Adrienne and I text each other daily about the latest Everlane drops. This summer’s collection has got to be one of our favorites so far. With the weather getting hotter, all we want to do is wear dresses and crop tops and sandals. We love the muted tones and the loose fit of the pieces.Even just looking at the latest collection is making us feel a little cooler. think it’s safe to say that we’ll be rocking a lot of Everlane this summer. Check out a few of our other favorites below!
Photo Credit: Everlane
I was in need of a vacation and when the opportunity came to visit one of my very best friends, Stephanie, in New York, I jumped on it. This was also the first time I’ve gone with Will and he hasn’t been since he worked there almost 10 years ago.
There’s always an energy that keeps me awake and moving in the city. I love just walking through and taking in all the energy of the different neighborhoods. From visiting old favorites and exploring new ones, New York and I will never be done with each other.
A few stand outs: Maharlika serves delicious Filipino food that goes beyond the traditional homecooked meals from my family. Pancit Palabok with Uni is where it’s at. We also ate the most amazing burger at Corner Bistro, and of course had Big Gay Ice Cream beforehand. Stephanie knows me so well that she knew that Flying Tiger would be my favorite shop in all of the city. We also walked through the city from 10 AM to 6 AM ending the night with pierogies and stuffed cabbage at Veselka.
Check out a few more photos from our Manhattan and Brooklyn adventures after the jump! And let us know what your favorites spots are in New York.